- Direct lending (3)
- Emerging markets (2)
- High yield bonds (8)
- Investment grade credit (2)
- Structured credit (7)
- CLO (76)
- Distressed debt (2)
- Credit derivatives (6)
- Leveraged loans (12)
- Marketplace lending (1)
- Real assets (1)
CLO pipeline: managers look to avoid a repeat of 2018 with new issue flutter5 days ago
US and European CLO managers are preparing to up the ante in September, but they will have to defy a trend set a year ago
- The risk premium for second lien US loans has widened in recent months, while first lien loan margins have gone the other way. It’s a clear signal that lenders are erring on the side of caution.10 days ago
Fund performance10 days ago
A round-up of fund performance
CLO pipeline: Carlyle and KKR plan swift re-entries19 days ago
Carlyle Group and KKR are included in the CLO pipeline this week as both managers have started marketing their latest transactions as the US CLO pipeline begins to look full after a quiet week
CLO pipeline: Golub and Sound Point to cement positions among market leaders26 days ago
Last week there were nine CLOs priced in the US market, including four broadly syndicated loan new issues and two middle market new issues, whereas there was no issuance in Europe. The CLO action over the next few weeks is again weighted towards the US, according to market sources
CLO pipeline: refis can't wait till after summer1 month ago
The CLO market in both the US and Europe looks to be slowing down in the near future with only two deals added to the running pipeline.
CLO pipeline: US takes up baton after European July sprint1 month ago
The US CLO market is ready to kickstart issuance in August as nine deals have been added to the running pipeline.
- US loan issuance has fallen dramatically this year, but many thirsty investors found liquidity in the secondary market or took advantage of plentiful high yield issuance in a record quarter for bonds
Bank of Japan keeps rates in check to keep CLOs within reach1 month ago
The US Federal Reserve’s pivot toward a more dovish monetary policy has buttressed the symbiotic relationship between Japanese investors and US CLO managers
CLO pipeline: there's no drought here as market is doused with deals1 month ago
Deal-makers have been taking in their H2O with little sign of summer slowdown in the CLO market as the pipeline approaches full force
- At Creditflux’s Credit Dimensions event in New York, structured credit investors were told how synthetic CDOs fit neatly alongside CLOs, and there is no need to pick one over the other2 months ago
- Some CSO tranches may off er better returns and provide exposure to higher-rated credit than similar tranches of CLOs. Also, the CSO term curve is steeper and more stable than that of CLOs2 months ago
WhiteRock's Dolfino: "PE deal flow is down, deal sizes are up and spreads are compressing" [video]2 months ago
WhiteRock Capital Partner's Gustavo Dolfino talks to Creditflux's Michelle D'souza after his M&A presentation at the Creditflux Debtwire US Mid Market Forum
CLO pipeline: Barclays and Goldman branch out to mid market2 months ago
The US CLO pipeline has been full in recent weeks and this continues, with 18 new issue CLOs and a further nine refinancings appearing this week.
CLO pipeline: newcomer emerges with unusual transaction2 months ago
The US CLO pipeline continues to fill up, with 20 new issue US CLOs featured and another 17 deals set to be refinanced.
Florida-based manager revives plan for rare emerging markets CBO2 months ago
RVX Asset Management has launched an unusual securitisation backed by emerging markets debt, according to market sources
CLO pipeline: deal flow picks up as Amherst and SocGen work on mandates3 months ago
This week’s CLO pipeline looks very healthy in the US broadly syndicated loans CLO market with Amherst Pierpont and Societe Generale among the firms working on mandates
CLO pipeline: new business and manager returns add ray of light as arbitrage clouds the picture3 months ago
The near-term CLO pipeline is shrinking amid familiar cries that the equity arbitrage is challenging. Adding to constraint fundamentals, the usual summer torpor is also approaching.
PE hold periods have shrunk but fast acquisitions can lead to botched integrations3 months ago
Buyout multiples are likely to stay high – but moving fast and specialising can help firms make money
A round-up of CLO performance3 months ago
- A round-up of fund performance3 months ago
CLO pipeline: Black Diamond looks to brush itself off and jump back in ring after year out3 months ago
Black Diamond Capital Management features twice in our CLO pipeline this week, as the firm is planning a return to both the European and the US CLO market.
CSAM plans double CLO issuance next week with US and EU deals in the market3 months ago
Credit Suisse Asset Management is preparing to issue two new issue CLOs next week, with one issuance on either side of the Atlantic
Global CLO league tables at a glance - April 2019 YTD4 months ago
Global CLO league tables at a glace - April 2019 YTD
- The US high yield bond market experienced its biggest quarter since Q4 2017, with volumes and returns rising as borrowers plumped for secured bonds and the Fed turned dovish on rates4 months ago
Want all the latest news, comment, analysis and data?