The ECB should not take counterfeit collateral
In 2008, Lehman pledged defective collateral to lenders; today the European Central Bank is accepting alarmingly similar products as security
This article is available only to Creditflux subscribers and free trial users within 30 days of publication.
Already a subscriber? Not logged in? Click here to login.
This trial will give you:
- 4-weeks' free online access to our
most recent subscriber-only articles
- Daily breaking news alert sent by email
- A print copy of Creditflux
If you currently have a free trial, you will see this message when you try to view articles older than 30 days.
- "Spacs… what better buyer than someone with a short fuse who needs to get their capital working" 23 days ago
- CSO pipeline strengthens following ESG breakthrough 23 days ago
- CMBS market picks hotels for bright summer ahead 23 days ago
- CLO debt investors add risk by dipping into equity tranches 23 days ago
- Diversity database shines light on credit firms not stepping up 23 days ago